WEBINAR: GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL OF AUSTRALIA
This week Zamaneh Khoshdel, Associate in Melbourne, took part in an online webinar to discuss Delivering Air Tightness – how the goal of air tightness impacts the design and construction of our buildings.
The webinar was organised by the Green Building Council of Australia. Topics covered included:
- How do we effectively test buildings and interpret results?
- The importance of early design & specification
- Construction methods and materials
- Meeting the requirements of NCC Section JV4 verification by testing
- Using testing to demonstrate achievement of air tightness for Green Star credit.
Zamaneh led an interactive, hands-on session on the importance of early design and specification. She had this comment for her industry peers:
“I have a simple message that I have learned through the experience. It takes a good and clear strategy at the design stage to enable an airtight construction to be achieved successfully! Please do more than stipulating an airtightness target on the projects! We all deserve to live, work and study in buildings which are comfortable and airtight!”